We have a number of titles coming down the pipe and are keen to get them into YOUR hands.
Follow @Leapbks on Twitter
All Leap titles have been discounted on the Leap Bookstore to help YOU get the jump on your holiday shopping!
- Do Adult Gatekeepers Affect Teen Book Sales? March 5, 2014Publishing books for children and teens is a bizarre, fickle thing. I’ve come to the opinion that you have to be very brave or a little crazy (or both) to take it on.You see, there is nothing straightforward when publishing for the under-18 set.With adults, it’s all pretty common sense. If you publish romances or gothic mysteries or airplane centric real cri […]
- Big Schnoz and All March 1, 2014Recently I started reading the Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang. It's from his colored fairy books series. It was recommended to me by one of my teachers at Hollins University, and I am super excited about it. Clearly all of the stories contain fairies, some play significant parts and some have not so significant parts. As I've said before, I really […]
- Problem Based Learning and Stakeout by Bonnie J. Doerr March 1, 2014After reading Stakeout by Bonnie J. Doerr, I was inspired to design this problem based learning project. New to problem based learning? Key components include: · student centered· cooperative learning· problem solving skills· leadership skills· inquiry-based· self-directed learning· multi-disciplinary· authen […]
- Five on Friday: Readingjunky February 21, 2014For today’s Five on Friday we interviewed Sally over at Readingjunky. Sally teaches Children’s Lit and Adolescent Lit at Siena Heights University in Adrian, MI. Her students post book reviews every week here. Be sure to check them out!What was your favorite book last year (2013)? ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell– To be totally honest, I passed it by f […]
- Famous Authors Offer Help and Encouragement February 17, 2014I have a really cool opportunity coming up. I get to meet Charlaine Harris, Dean James, and Carolyn Haines. That's right—I'M MEETING FAMOUS PEOPLE. As a writer, the best thing you can do is pick the brain of another writer. What do you do? How have you done well? What should I not do? Do you have a magic wand that made you famous?These authors wil […]
- Books That Go Bump in the Night February 12, 2014What is our fascination with ghosts? We both fear them and also secretly hope our loved ones become one. I suppose the fear of death drives our obsession. We hate the idea of leaving this world behind after death, but we also fear those who haven’t “moved on.”And of course, now that I’ve noticed ghosts, I seem to be seeing ghosts all around me – at least in […]