We are very proud to announce that even with the relatively small number of books currently to LEAP‘s name, three (yes THREE) of them have been nominated for the coveted 2014 Silver Falchion Award™. The Killer Nashville event which established and holds the Silver Falchion Award™ annually makes clear,“The purpose of the Killer Nashville Silver Falchion Award™ is to honor […]
LEAP BOOKS STREET TEAM OPEN CALL Want to join TEAM LEAP? Leap Books is seeking enthusiastic individuals to create social media buzz for their FROLIC, SURGE & SHINE lines. Genres include YA/MG/NA. Blogging and social media accessibility are vital. Contact email@example.com for details.
We are currently seeking both agented and unagented submissions to our e-novella line, SHINE. Submissions must be high concept, commercial young adult stories of any genre – with romantic elements – and between 15-20,000 words. SHINE titles will be published in ebook format only and made available between $0.99 and $1.99. SHINE stories will meet […]
DEEP IN THE MEADOWS by Lisa M. Cronkhite Bianca “Bee” Thompson’s brother, Jimmy has been dead for ten months, yet she still feels his presence lingering. And one question haunts her: Was Jimmy’s death an accident? Probing into the events on the night of Jimmy’s death, Bee hears strange voices. The voices lead her to a […]
Great ready to LEAP!
- LEAP Down the Rabbit Hole with Us! September 2, 2014Next year marks an historic moment, the 150th anniversary of the publication of the classic story Alice's Adventures in Wonderland!To celebrate how absolutely mad we are about this occasion, Leap Books, LLC will publish a special Alice-inspired anthology called BEWARE THE LITTLE WHITE RABBIT and you, yes, YOU are invited to the party!Join a roster of we
- LEAP BOOKS' JUDITH GRAVES: PNLA 2014 CONFERENCE August 27, 2014Our very own Judith Graves gives us a glimpse at her recent appearance, the PNLA 2014 Conference, where she was a keynote speaker during the Young Reader's Choice Awards (YRCA) program Author Luncheon. Pacific Northwest Library Association Conference 2014 Last week I was honoured to speak at the Pacific Northwest Library Association Annual Conferenc
- Making Us LEAP for Joy: Leap Books, LLC Award Nominees August 6, 2014We are very proud to announce that even with the relatively small number of books currently to LEAP's name, three (yes THREE) of them have been nominated for the coveted 2014 Silver Falchion Award™. The Killer Nashville event which established and holds the Silver Falchion Award™ annually makes clear, "The purpose of the Killer Nashville Silver Fal
- LEAPing Ahead: A New Leap for a Small Publishing House August 1, 2014In an age when self-publishing can bring a manuscript to life as a book in twenty-four hours and bloated publishing entities gobble each other up readily, small publishing houses face unique challenges--most not lasting any longer than the average small business. Even house lines can disappear in what feels like the blink of an eye leaving authors orphaned a
- Hot Deals for the 4th July 4, 2014Need something to do this long holiday weekend? Here's a special deal from Leap Books:We're offering this super deal because we're launching 2 new e-books. We have a special beach read by Tina Bustamante, As Waters Gone By, debuting on July 6.And watch for Book 1 in Patrice Lyle's Poison Ivy Charm School series, The Case of the Missing W
- Oops! Always Fact-Check Your Information June 1, 2014Let's take some time to talk about research. Whether you're writing fiction or non-fiction, it's important to know what you're talking about. Even if you're making up an entirely new creature, some research is required to make sure that creature could live on the planet, eat what they eat, and do what they do. You have to explain you